3.24.2006

How to Share an Imaginary Friend

Our twin four-year-olds, Anna and Sarah, were taking turns, playing with an old cell phone. Anna picked up the phone and said, "Hello? Oh, Cheese Man! How are you? I'm just playing in the living room."

Sarah said, "Can I talk to Cheese Man?"

Anna said, "Yes. He's my friend and he likes cheese," and gave her the phone.

Sarah said, "Hello, Cheese Man? That's my sister. Do you want to talk to me now? I love cheese."

Anna interrupted, "Wait! Give me the phone for a second!" So Sarah handed it over. "Hello, Cheese Man. It's me, your friend. What did you say? Oh, okay." She covered the phone and said, "He wants me to tell you that he doesn't like you anymore."

Sarah said, "Let me talk to him!" and snatched the phone away. "Cheese Man? Did you say you don't like me? Oh. I'll tell her." She turned to Anna, "He changed his mind. He doesn't like you."

4 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great beginning for a Children's book to me. Go for it, Becky.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Yeah, those two come up with a lot of good lines. I need to starting writing them down more often. :)

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I agree you should start keeping a journal of their conversations and adventures and write a book... series?

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Unknown Preacher said...

That is good Becky. I keep meaning to whip out my iPod and record Maggie when she takes off on one of her imagnary advntures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home