5.23.2006

Firegirl


Anna: "I want to be a fireman when I grow up."

Me: "What do firemen do?"

Anna: "Oh, just keep people safe."

Me: "That sounds like a good job."

Anna: "Yeah. When I'm a fireman, I'll fire mean mans, and mean ladies, and mean kids, even mean babies!"

Sarah: "There's no mean babies!"

Anna: "Well, if there are mean babies, then I will fire them. And mean animals too, like mean lions, and mean bears, and mean panthers. But not helping animals."

Sarah: "When you're a fireman, people will say, 'Hey! That fireman is a girl!'"

Anna: "Yeah. And I'll have a hat, too."

3 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

that's funny! Johanna frequently says she wants to be a fire fighter, too. There must be something really intriguing for them at this age.

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although Sarah and Anna's spin on the job is really interesting.

While I realize they probably meant it in a more Trumpian way (as much as they can understand it), I was having Fahrenheit 451 images.

(and Jenn got the marinade going. looking forward to having you guys over.)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh, no. When they say 'fire' in the verb sense, they mean 'blast with fire.'

See you at dinner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home