6.25.2006

Home

This morning in the Ojai church, and last night in Ventura, my thoughts kept returning to the new church up in the mountains, to Jason and Jason teaching, the worship band playing, the kids running wild. And for the first time, I didn't feel completely at home sitting in those familiar pews among those familiar faces. I felt like I was missing something important.

I've never felt like that before. Even when we moved away for years at a time, coming to Ojai was always coming home, especially to the church here.

It's a good feeling to be so invested in something that it becomes your new life and home. I never expected to love another church family as much as my Ojai family. God does amazing things.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Becky. I do worry about you and Jason. You're so busy doing ministry, I worry about you getting the feeding you need.

We had another first time visitor and her family last Sunday. Even with you guys gone, we had 30!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home