3.27.2006

10 Things I Miss About Southern California

It's been almost five months now since we moved. Don't get me wrong, I love living in the mountains, with woodstoves and lakes and incredibly friendly strangers... But there are a few drawbacks. Here are the top ten things I miss from SoCal:

  • Thai Food. Especially roast duck. Oooh, and Thai iced tea.
  • Target. Walmart is just NOT the same.
  • Businesses that stay open past 6 p.m.
  • Barnes and Noble. With a coffee shop inside.
  • Liberals. This is ironic because I would be considered conservative on most issues. But I must admit, I love the way the left-wingers bring art and music into the communities they dominate. And they're fun to talk to... usually.
  • Freeways. Or any road straight and dry enough to take at over 45 mph.
  • Sandals. Although I do love boots.
  • Mail delivery. Our town is that rural.
  • Beaches.
  • People. My family, friends, acquaintances. Familiar faces in general. But mostly family.

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops... she did not say that, I did. :)

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too will probably have this type of list, hopefully in the NEAR future! I think what will top it will be people that speak "Californian" and not "Southern" - as it is sometimes hard for me to decipher.
I miss you guys. I especially missed the stories that Scott would tell about the kids, but now I can get my own stories on your blog! Ohhhh, I am so up and coming!!!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

LOL-- Yeah, I had to slow my speech waaaaaayy down when we lived in Texas, because nobody, especially old people, could understand me. You have my sympathies. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home