6.30.2006

UCLA Visit

Well, we finally got to see Aaron yesterday. Lisa and I went up to the tenth floor with Rose (Aaron's sister), while the kids played on the lawn at Christopher's third birthday party. The whole room was plastered with bright posters of scripture, notes from friends, and cartoons of Aaron's reactions to drugs.

What shocked me when I saw him was the lack of tubes. Excepting the trach, he was completely wireless. He had only just returned from an MRI and a short walk to the fridge across from his bed, allowed by his father-in-law in Natalie's absence. We left after a few minutes so they could reattach the I.V. (It wasn't the long, friendly visit I had imagined.)

He seemed a little shaky, but otherwise, he was Aaron. Blond, but still Aaron. How miraculous is that?

Soon the trach will be completely gone. He might even go home for a while before the next chemo onslaught.

It's hard fit that much of a turnaround in your head. Seeing it made me ashamed of the doubts that crept into my prayer times these last six weeks. I never doubted God's ability to heal, but I certainly doubted His willingness now and then. He proved me gloriously wrong.

There is a growing number of people whose faith has been strengthened by Natalie's faith. She looked so triumphant at the party. God fought her battles for her and she won. I can't wait to see what more God will do with them.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

When do you guys plan to go back? I was hoping to go Sunday without my kids, but nathan is hesitant to ask for babysitting from anyone, so we'll see. But we will definitly go either Sunday or I suppose maybe Monday. Let me know, we would love to see you guys again before you leave.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger lnstryker said...

Hey, yes we went yesterday and saved Natalie from the Burke/Boydston Brigade :-)
Aaron may be "going home" today or ina the next few days!!! They will probably stay at the Tiverton so they are close if he needs to go back. Praise God!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home