10.23.2006

I Wasn't Going to Blog This. . .

A few weeks ago, Jonah was pretending to be my husband in the church nursery. His portrayal of Jason seemed a little misogynous to me, so out of respect for Jason, I didn't post it. It went something like this:

Jonah: I'm going to work, now, Becky. I need food for work. Make me some food!

And later. . .

Jonah: I want cookies. Becky, make me cookies!

I was a little puzzled as to where he got that idea.

Then I got a phone call this afternoon. It was Jason, calling from work.

Jason: When I get home, can you make me some cookies? I really want some cookies.

Me: You called me from work to ask for cookies?

That explains a lot.

6 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

So his "asking" is a little nicer than Jonah's "telling". . .but both know that Momma will take care of them. . .

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhhhhh....don't tell her I'm writing this, but the cookies are going into the oven RIGHT NOW :D.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that. Tomorrow I'm going to call John from work.

Me: When I get home, can you run me a hot bath? I really want a hot bath.

I can hear his reply already...

John: What's for dinner?

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Jason. . .What kind of cookies????

Steph. . .HA!!!!

Rebecca. . .what a good wife you are. :)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Roxanne: They're a new recipe I found the other day for oatmeal fudge bars. It's a layer of oatmeal cookie dough, a layer of fudge, and a layer of nuts and more dough (minus the nuts this time). I was kind of disappointed with it, but they're better now that the fudge has firmed up.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes...cookies- I can't tell you how many times my hubby has asked me if I could bake him some cookies...but usually with "puppy dog" eyes and a "pretty please"- Yours must be pretty good though, to have him call from work to ask!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home