6.16.2006

Amalgam

Well, I pieced that quilt the other day. I never yelled at my sewing machine-- not once! And I didn't make any big mistakes. Maybe, just maybe, I'm learning.

Today is our sixth wedding anniversary. We haven't really celebrated an anniversary since the first one, so I'm not too disappointed that we aren't doing anything this year. There is too much happening this weekend to even think much about it: finishing the quilt in time for the party, baking, preparing for the Father's Day picnic, planning Naiah's first birthday (Next Wednesday! I'm still in denial.), and packing for the trip to Ojai.

Besides all the hoopla, my head is jam-packed with all the things I've been asking God to sort out lately, mostly concerning what the heck I'm supposed to be doing with my life, and how the heck I'm supposed to keep in step with Him. While I quilt, I've been catching up on the last few weeks of John Piper's sermons. The "Live to Die" series, along with the "Finishing" series have been clearing up a lot of cloudy issues for me-- issues that were clear when I was 17, but got distorted beyond recognition along the way. I can't tell you how excited I am that these basics of faith are forcing their way back into my life.

5 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger sarahgrace said...

Aw. It makes me sad to hear you're not doing anything to celebrate your anniversary. I hope that's truly okay with you. Otherwise, Happy Sixth!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

I forgot you guys got married before we did...our sixth is in Nov. Happy Anniversary!!!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

We did something! Jenn came over after the kids were in bed, and we went and hung out by the lake for a while. It was a beautiful starry night, and we had fun talking. :)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger hestermom said...

Becky, Happy Anniversary!! You'd think I would remember, I was there. For our 6 yr. anniversary, we weren't able to really do anything, so to speak. But we made an agreement...our present to each other would be to treat each other with more kindness all throughout the year. So whenever we start arguing about something stupid, or one of us forgets to do something we said we would...we just smile and say, "Happy Anniversary."

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Happy anniversary! What are you doing for niahs birthday and what should we get her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home