7.04.2006

4th of July

Overheard at the parade. . .

Anna: My favorite parade thing is the candy man. Is there a candy man at this parade?

Sarah: (spotting the Red Hat Ladies) Look! Clowns! With red clown hats!

Jonah: (as Miss Ojai rode past in her tiara) Papa! It's a prince!





At the BBQ/Fireworks show. . .

Jonah started getting a little nervous with all the talk about fireworks at dinner. He reassured Jesse, "Fireworks don't get me. Never, ever, ever."

After dark, he was wandering by the driveway when the first bang sounded. He screeched and came running back to Papa.

After a few minutes of pops and booms, he told Papa, "Fireworks don't hurt me." And he left Papa to sit alone on the lawn for the remainder of the show.

Afterwards, Papa asked, "Jonah, did you like the fireworks?"

"No."

4 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Victoria's first experience with fireworks at Jonah's age found her with both hands clamped soundly over her ears, her face buried in my shoulder, and announcing at the end "Those are YOWD."

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We didn't go to a fireworks display, just lit out own explosives. Maggie was enthralled as ever. Her six-year-old cousin was right along side her till one particularly loud one. He rushed back to his parents and sat there for most of the remainder of the display. Maggie remained up front - as close as the grome-ups would let her.

Abbie sat in my lap with her hands over her eyes the entire time.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger hestermom said...

Hey, sorry you haven't heard from me...and sorry we came home early. It was a little bit of a quick decision...I just missed Ben so much I kept crying like some big pregnant lady. Oh wait, I am. Anyway, I will try to call you soon!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

We have a friend whose daughter cried for every fireworks show for the first four years of her life. Poor thing!

My kids have always loved it... as does their daddy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home