9.01.2006

Trackers

The kids and I went walking in the woods today, down a wide, dusty trail, covered in animal tracks.

"Those are deer tracks," I told the kids.

"Let's follow them and find the deer!" said Anna.

"Yeah!" said Sarah.

We walked a little further.

"These are raccoon tracks," I said.

"Let's follow them and find the raccoons!" said Anna.

"They're probably sleeping right now," I said.

"Oh. . . Hey! I see a bear track!" she said.

"Maybe we shouldn't follow that one," said Sarah.



* * *



Note to concerned readers: The bear track Anna saw was actually human. I haven't heard of bears coming up here, although I suppose it could happen. Oh, and we found three young deer.

4 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

Thats fun. Nathan's parents got Johanna a book called Who Pooped in the Park; its about learning to track from foot prints, claw marks on trees and of course good old scat. Its really a pretty neat book.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

How sweet... we saw a bobcat a couple of weeks ago and my kiddos wanted to follow it and see if it had a family!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

I think Jonah with a Superman cape along with the twins rapier and totally accidental wit would be more than one bear could handle. . .couple all that with Naiah's I-am-being-murdered-by-not-having-my-every-need-met-instantaneously scream and you've got a power packed weapon the likes of which Mr. Bear has never before seen.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart kids!

Sounds like you live in some beautiful country!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home