10.02.2006

Grown-Up

On Being a Grown-Up
By Anna and Sarah, age 5


Anna: Mommy, you're a grown-up.

Me: I am?

Anna: Yes! You do the laundry. . . You make food for us. . .

Sarah: You make cookies!

Anna: You read us stories. . . You cook on the stove. . .

Sarah: You make pam-cakes!

Anna: You cook on the oven. . . You do the dishes. . . You make breakfast. . . You buy some stuff. . .

Me: What if I don't want to be a grown-up?

Sarah: You hold kids! You can make us food! You can teach Jonah how to play the guitar!

Anna: You get to do all kinds of stuff like reading books, and holding babies. Besides, who would take care of us?

1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Oh my, my, my. . .it all sounds so romantic until you actually arrive at adulthood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home