11.06.2006

Eccentricity

Last night, we were driving the van home from a neighboring town. The girls were strapped into their carseats, Sarah in front of Anna.

Sarah: Hey, Sissy! Let's play hide and seek!

Anna: Okay! You count.

Sarah: One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Ready or not, here I come!

Anna: No! I'm not ready yet! Count again.

Sarah: Okay. One, two, three. . . Ready or not, here I come!

Turns in her seat to look.

Sarah: I found you!

Anna: Oh, man! Okay, I'll count. One, two, three. . . Ready or not, here I come!

Leans forward, searching.

Anna: Where are you?

Giggles from Sarah's seat.

Anna: Oh, I see you!

Sarah: Oh, man! You always find me! Okay, I'll count. . .

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Bless their hearts. . .and isn't it nice that they can find ways to entertain themselves even when the pickins' are slim. . .they are like the moose brothers on "Brother Bear."

Let me know how you like the pie. . .

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

WEllllllll. . .is there any left or did you go throw it in the neighbors yard to pay them back for the woodpile???? :) I'm baking Steph's muffins WITH the buttermilk right now. . .but I had enough for 16 VERY full muffin cups--wonder if it was the size of the eggs. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home