12.13.2006

Sugarplums

The kids have been listening to The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy again, and again, and again, on Starfall.com. They turn it on, and then run to the living room so I can watch them dance. The girls flit about like ballerinas, while the boy stomps and kicks like a Bolshevik, because "that's how boys dance."

Hey, it beats watching them tear around the house shrieking their lungs out. (It's been cold and rainy for a long time, and they're a little insane.) I guess music really does soothe the savage beast.

4 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Get that boy some REAL stomping music. . .like John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." He can then stomp to his heart's content without stepping on any fairies. . .

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

. . .or sugar plums. . .or sisters.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean, all I have to do is turn on music to calm the screeches? ; )

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Roxanne-- I think John Denver might be worse than the shrieking. We once had to sit through an entire concert at the Hollywood Bowl, and I wanted to run the whole time.

Grammie-- It's in the back of the van. (Your son-in-law has forgotten it's there, and I can't budge it by myself. But I think for Maggie's birthday next month, we'll drag it out again.

Sarah-- Well, apparently, for us it has to be Tchaikovsky, or maybe Mozart. That indie rock just gets them all revved up. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home