5.08.2006

Howdy, Neighbor!

Jason took Jonah for a walk to the store last week, and came back beaming. "Well," he said proudly, "You can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the boy!" (Jason is from Austin.)

"What did he do?" I asked.

"He kept yelling, 'Howdy!' all up and down our street!"

"That's weird," I said. "I wonder where he learned that."

I got my answer today. Our neighbor, Heidi, came to the fence to chat. Jonah spotted her from the porch. He grinned at Heidi, and called out, "Hi, Howdy!"

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

And I certainly hope your shared this with Heidi so she can know how highly she it thought of. . .and how handy her name is since all the neighbors got greeted thanks to Jonah's mispronunciation. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home