9.09.2006

Off the Wagon

My sink is not shining. I don't want to shine it. It's 10:00 at night. I just walked all over town in the dark. I'm tired. I'm beginning to wonder why no one else ever shines it. Or the table. Or the counters. I'd like to take a shower and go to bed.

BUT. . . tomorrow afternoon at least six hungry teenagers will be in my kitchen expecting a meal and a clean house to hang out in. If my sink is shining tomorrow, I can focus on more important things; I can enjoy the cooking and the chatting and the welcoming. I like that idea. So I shine my sink. Man, sometimes blogging really helps.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

It happens to the best of us. . .I have fallen off the wagon, gotten run over by the wagon, and gotten trapped in the wagon ruts more times than I can count. . .but I hope you enjoyed your walk--and the teenagers. :)

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Shiney sink??? What's that? Is that supposed to happen daily?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home