12.16.2006

Eragon, the Movie?

Okay, I wasn't a die-hard fan of the book. The first few chapters have been decried by the author himself for being overwrought and immature. But by the time he finishes Eragon, Paolini has grown into a decent author, and when he wraps up Eldest, he's beginning to resemble an epic storyteller.

Then the movie. I have few words to describe the disgust. But I can say this:

DON'T SEE IT. DO NOT SEE IT. DON'T DON'T DON'T SEE IT.

The producers owe that Paolini kid a huge wad of cash for the new readership they have massacred.

Here's where they went wrong-- some dipstick in the production office put the SPECIAL EFFECTS GUY in the director's chair. So, you can probably imagine the maiming that went on in crucial scenes, basic plot elements, central characters, etc. What, oh what, were they thinking?

Beautiful CGI, though. Lovely CGI, with no story whatsoever.

I need to go scrub my brain now.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

I had tons of kids who were going to see it. . .so I will ask them what they thought. And no, no, heavens no, I am not starting a new creativity blog--just one (1) post I want to write but that will take having more than 2 inundated brain cells firing simultaneously,

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were supposed to go last night and then changed our plans when W was invited to a preteen youth group party he wanted to go to instead.
I'm having second thoughts of spending money on movie tickets now, after your and "Movie Mom's" reviews...
But, I have a feeling W will still want to go.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=parentsguide&id=1808715990

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For truly effective scouring, I recommend that pink powdery soap often found in schools and rest area bathrooms. Need something abrasive to really get clean.

(If I see it, I'll wait for it to come out on Netflix)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home