12.18.2006

Maybe = DEFINITELY!

At Saturday youth service. . .

Teen 1: Hey, Becky, can we go caroling this week? I want to go caroling! Will you take us?

Teen 2: Yeah! We should go caroling! What day are we going?

Me: Um. . .

Teen 3: Ooh, I want to go! When are we going? Can I bring my sisters?

Teen 4: I can't go on Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday. How about Sunday?

Me: Um, that's tomorrow, and I think--

Teen 2: No, Monday night! After dark! 5:30! Is 5:30 okay?

Me: Well, maybe, but I haven't talked to--

Teen 2: Okay, see you then!

Teen 1: Bye!

Teen 4: I'm so excited!

At 5:30 p.m. tonight, ten kids show up at my door simultaneously. Why does this surprise me?

P.S. My husband was so sweet and understanding about me taking off tonight with a flock of kids in scarves and mittens. He even made Red Hot cider to warm us when we returned. Sigh.

P.P.S. Red Hot Cider

1 package Red Hots
1 gallon apple juice

Dump it in a crock pot and heat, stirring occasionally.

7 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Blessings on your poor, cold head. Before we left last night, in the rain, for Victoria's Christmas program at school, Tony said,"Remind me we are being VERY good parents for going to this."

You are a VERY good parent to lots and lots of kiddos. :)

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know how kids will play parents off each other? Ask mom and if they don't get the answer they want the go ask dad (or vice versa).

Here's a conversation I had on Saturday night:

Teen1: Hey, PJ, are we ever going to go caroling?

Me: Ever? Possibly. This year? No.
-----
It was great to see you guys out there. Thanks for coming by the house. And thank you Becky for being willing to drop everything and take these kids caroling.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh, my. . . Well, that explains why Teen 1 was yelling at your house, "This is for YOUR church!" as though we were doing you a favor somehow. I didn't get that at all.

But I found out where a lot of people live-- people I see around town and talk to now and then. That was cool.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun and sounds yummy...never heard of Red Hot Cider before, I'll have to try it sometime. : )

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Okay. . .not nearly as healthy as redhot cider. . .and most definitely what I am calling "Satan's Cookies". . .I had this for the first time today.

Food process one package of Oreos
"melt" 1 1/2 pkgs. cream cheese until soft and spreadable
Mix obliterated Oreos and cream cheese together and scoop into small balls. Drop into melted chocolate almond bark. Put on wax paper to cool, then sin, sin, sin. . .

I'm not EVEN kidding.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

OH MAN! I want to go caroling!!! When can the GROWNUPS go?

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Whenever they want! :) I'll stay here and make cider! Unless you mean indoor caroling, which could be fun. . . and warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home