4.21.2006

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage . . .

A Dramatic Reenactment
In Two Acts


Performed by
Anna, age 4
Sarah, age 4


Act 1: The Wedding

Sarah: Sissy, you be Becky, and I'll be Jason.

Anna: Okay.

Sarah: Becky! I want to marry you.

Anna: I want to marry you, too.

Sarah presses in for a wet, sloppy kiss.

Anna: Ew! Stop it!

Sarah: Okay, we're married now. Lie down on the couch.



Act 2: The Offspring

Sarah: Hurry, Becky! Lay down in the hospital! They're starting without us!

Anna: Oh, no!

Anna flops down onto the love seat. Two seconds later . . .

Anna: Okay, Jason, here they are!

Sarah: Wow! Babies!

Anna: Yeah. There's four twins: two boys and two girls. See? The boys go in my left arm and the girls go in my right arm.

Sarah: We have lots of babies!

Anna: I know.

Sarah: I want to have TEN babies!

Anna: Okay!

Finis

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...I love their little plays.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Yeah, the crack-up for me is how close they come to reality. One of our first serious conversations, on the steps of an MTR station in Hong Kong, entailed the number of kids we wanted. I said 0 or 8. He said 10. We have repented.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home