4.03.2006

Jonah, Super Villain

During naptime, Jonah kicked Anna in the nose, hard.

After the ensuing chaos died down and the bleeding was under control, Jason sat down with Jonah to have a little chat. He began, "Jonah, we never ever hit people, or kick them. And we never, ever, ever, ever hit or kick girls!"

Jonah, still sniffling, said, "Okay."

"We protect girls," said Jason.

Jonah perked up a little. "Superman protect girls," he said.

Jason: "Yes, Superman protects girls. Bad guys hit girls."

Jonah: "Bad guys hit girls?"

Jason: "Yes, bad guys hurt girls."

Jonah: "But I not bad guy! I Superman!"

Jason: "You can't be Superman if you hurt girls."

Jonah ran to find Anna. He apologized for acting like a bad guy.

7 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

cute story, oh, and you really fooled me with the pregnancy scam! :)....I clicked to tell you congrats and then slapped my forehead with a big ol' duh!....good one!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown Preacher said...

Teachable moments... :-)

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Diane Viere said...

Way to teach through an ordinary moment!

Diane

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Love your blog! How do I tell my girls they shouldn't sit on each other and pound? Just kidding...it's not that bad (yet) but I do remember my brother and I fighting it out in the backyard. Maybe my mom should've tried your method.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

It was totally accidental, I think. Jonah just happens to be in this Superman phase, and Jason stumbled into it. He had the presence of mind to take advantage of the moment. I was still too flustered with the blood to be that quick.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Unknown Preacher said...

When you guys were living with us I observed Jason, on many occasions, taking advantage of the moment to teach a life lesson. He's quite good at that.

Now, when I read the story alloud, Maggie was in the room. Her response? "But if Anna was the villain, then Jonah was being Super Man and destroying the bad guys"

Oi!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Yes, at times, Anna is the villain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home