4.10.2006

One Step Forward . . .

In his manliest voice, Jonah announced, "I a girl."

Sarah said, "No, you're not."

"Yes, I a girl!" he insisted.

"No, you're not!" said Sarah.

I decided to intervene. "Jonah, you're a boy. You have a wee-wee. Girls don't have wee-wees."

"Yes," said Jonah proudly, "I have a wee-wee."

"Daddy has a wee-wee too," I said, "because Daddy is a boy."

Jonah was very pleased. "Yes, Daddy has a wee-wee!"

Finally! I thought, I finally got through to him!

Sarah: "Mommy?"

Me: "What, baby?"

Sarah: "What's a wee-wee?"

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown Preacher said...

So...how did you explain it to Sarah?

Maggie still just says "front bottom" and "back bottom." Abbie actually has a distiction between bottom and "ya ya." She's the one who inquired one day during a diaper change.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I told her it's the body part that boys use to go pee. Jason will have to tell you in person what she said to that. I'm not brave enough to print it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home