7.16.2006

God Is Bigger Than the Boogie Man

Last night I walked into Jonah's room and found him sitting up in bed with the lights on.

"Jonah!" I scolded, "You leave the light off and go to sleep!" I turned out the light and started to shut the door.

Jonah whimpered. "But I'm scared!"

"Why are you scared? Your night light is on."

"But the monsters will get me!"

"You have monsters in your room?"

"Yes. Scary monsters."

"Silly boy," I said. "The monsters can't get you. Do you know why?"

"No."

"Because God is much, much bigger than the monsters!"

"He is?"

"Of course. God can squish the monsters with his thumb."

Jonah giggled. "No. . . God can make the monsters be nice to me!"

4 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

Has he seen that episode of Veggie Tales?

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

"God is bigger than the, boogie man. He's bigger than Godzilla and the Monsters on tv. Oh, God is bigger than the boogie man, and he's watching out for you and me..."

Gotta love Veggie Tales.

Got your comment--thank you kindly--and I think being the mother of four you probably withstand that much pressure on a daily basis. :)

I will be 37 on August 2. . .it's taken EVERY ONE of those 37 years for me to develop the thick skin.

R--

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks, Roxanne!

Lisa-- No, I don't think he's seen it yet. He's a big Larry Boy fan, but isn't into the other videos yet.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this one. Jason's sister was scare of the boogy man and wolves. When she visited her Nannie outside Corrigan,Tx. she would hear wolves sometimes at night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home