7.12.2006

Special Guest Post: Grammie

Anna and Sarah are spending two weeks at my parents' house on their own. They couldn't wait for me to leave them there. Every day they were saying things like, "Are you leaving yet?" or "When are you and Jonah and Naiah going back to the mountains?" I would have been hurt by it if I didn't recognize myself in it. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

My mom shared a few tidbits from their time together so far. . .

My goodness! How do you keep up with the flow of comedy always gushing around you all the time? I cannot remember 90% of all I laugh at. Daddy and I are very much enjoying the girls. Here is two things I thought were very sweet and cute.

ANNA'S LUNCHTIME PRAYER

Dear God. Thank you for all the people. Thank you for letting our room become the play room. And thank you for letting Mommy's room and Mommy's bed become our bed. In Jesus' name. Amen.


FOLLOWING MY GOOD-BYE TO YOU ON THE PHONE. . .

Me: (To you) "Bye, Sweetie"
Anna: Why did you say, "sweetie"?
Me: Because your mommy is my sweetie. She was my baby when she was little, so I call her "sweetie".
Anna: You call me "sweetie" too.
Me: Yes, I do.
Anna: (Very confidantly) But Sissy and I are your Grand- sweeties!


Thank you for letting us enjoy them for the next two weeks. I'm sure we will have many memories that we will have for many years to come as a result. What little "sweeties"!!

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

Wow! 2 weeks. What brave souls :-) I guess there is a difference in asking to have them visit when you don't see them very often. Nathan used to do summer long visits to his grandparents house in Portland. I occassionally had an overnight with my grandparents. My mom has taken Joey and Quinn for two nights, but not more.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

The portrait is about 8x10-ish. We LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT. Glad you do too.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so precious! I hope that Grammie will have some more Guest Posts while the girls are with her and PaPa. This Blog really helps a Granny so far away in Texas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home