12.22.2006

The Sling Is Dead

From the moment Naiah was born, she was perpetually glued to Mommy. GLUED. Thanks to the wonders of the sling, that was no big deal. I would just strap her on and go about my business. Everybody's happy.

Now that she's 18 months old, and developing other sundry interests (toilet papering the bathroom, bullying her big brother, attacking the DVD player. . . ) her need for constant contact has lessened, overall.

However, these last two days, for some reason (teething? holiday stress?), Naiah has reverted to her clingy ways.

Since I happen to have many items on my to-do list, I thought I'd just grab a few yards of fabric and sling her up and get on with my life. So I did.

Naiah: Mommy! I STUCK!

It's not quite the same, now that she can talk.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My youngest seems to be going through a clingy phase again himself. I can't imagine carrying him around in a sling again though. I can just see him throw himself back trying to get out of it...ha ha ha. Good luck!

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will a baby backpack work?

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

It does, but Jason took the van, which contains the backpack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home