5.30.2006

NOT Quilting With Kids

Well, it turns out I'm not psychic. Here is my list of reasons why I did not piece a quilt top today.

  1. A warm, sunny day.
  2. A new fence with no gates, which tempts Jonah to wander off ten times more than if there were no fence at all.
  3. Base jumping. As in five fat couch cushions stacked seven feet high on the love seat with children flying off the top.
  4. Labeled Ziplocs, full of quilt pieces, all over the living room. (I got that one right!)
  5. The sudden, undeniable urge to fix the dining room chair.
  6. I can't find my ironing board! Where is my ironing board? I'm guessing storage.
  7. The realization that I need to start the beans at four p.m., not five.
  8. Grating two pounds of cheese by hand. (Where, oh where, is my food processor?)
  9. A craving for fresh chop salsa to go with the black beans and cheese and tortillas.
  10. Dinner with a friend, whose husband is far away having back surgery.

Oh, and I DID put the kids to bed at seven.

So for now, Jason and I are going upstairs to watch a scary movie. Tomorrow, I shall quilt! I hope.

4 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

yeah..I rarely get to sew anymore. I'm too tired after the kids are in bed and the both desperatly want to "help", especially when I lay the material out on the floor to pin. You definitly are amazing for even trying.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the ironing board is in the house somewhere. Did you check:
basement?
broom closets
mudroom?
nooks in bedroom?
behind stuff - I seem to remember it being tucked, possibly even laying down, behind something.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger sarahgrace said...

Glad to know how it went, sorry you weren't able to quilt, but at least it was because of worthy reasons, like a nice day outside!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Go early bed times! I feel bad putting the kids to bed early during the summer but sometimes I just need the break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home