5.30.2006

Quilting With Kids

Today I'm piecing a large crib quilt, based on Fibonacci numbers, with cowboy and bandana prints, plus some chenille.

These are my predictions for the day:

  1. Jonah will dump all of the carefully labeled Ziploc bags onto the floor, scattering numbered squares and rectangles across the living room and den.
  2. Anna and Sarah will ask for a snack at least twenty times between the hours of two and five p.m., even if I give them a snack at two.
  3. Someone will touch the hot iron.
  4. Someone will touch the rotary cutter.
  5. Someone (Jonah!) will remove the presser foot and unthread my machine while I'm ironing.
  6. The baby will take no naps.
  7. I will forget to put the beans on the stove at 5:00 p.m., and dinner will be late.
  8. I will demand that the children go to bed at seven o'clock, out of sheer frustration.
  9. I will yell at my sewing machine more than once.
  10. I will finish piecing at around one in the morning, with at least three mistakes that I was too tired to fix.

An older lady at a quilt shop once asked me how I manage to quilt with four kids in the house. Now you know.

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

You are a brave, brave woman! Good luck with that!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger sarahgrace said...

Oh my! You must really love to quilt with all those obstacles! How did your predictions turn out? Did it go as you expected?

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger hestermom said...

Well, I figure the most important thing is that after all that, you still love to quilt. And the kids in bed by seven, wow, Becky. You are amazing. We had a better day today...more consistency, less emotion. And you know that book Dobson wrote about the strong-willed child? I am pretty sure that I have one. =) But at least his book is helpful. Keep praying!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home