7.29.2006

Eavesdropping

Spoiler Warning: Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest



I was pushing Naiah and Jonah on the swings at the park today, when two boys took the swings next to us. The younger brother, Nathan, looked like he was around eight years old. The elder brother looked about ten or eleven.

I couldn't help but overhear. . .

Nathan: Hey, you know that ship that sank?

Big Brother: The Titanic?

Nathan: Yeah, that one. Do you think you'd be one of those people who'd stay on the ship, so other people could live?

Big Brother: Yeah, I'd do that. And you know how Jack Sparrow went down with The Black Pearl, so his friends got away from the Kraken?

Nathan: Yeah.

Big Brother: Would you do that to save people?

Nathan: You mean like if my family was on board?

Big Brother: Yeah.

Nathan: Yeah, I'd die if my family could get saved.

Big Brother: Me too. If Davy Jones asked me, I'd be like, "Yeah, I'm ready to die!"

Nathan: Yeah, me too.

Big Brother: I'd be like, "I'm not afraid of dying."

Nathan: Me too.

Big Brother: Nathan, who's always protecting you?

Nathan: God.

Big Brother: Yeah. Do you believe in miracles?

Nathan: Yeah.

Big Brother: I'm not scared of dying.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger hestermom said...

That is such a cool story...it is amazing the faith you find in the hearts of children (it reminds me of Michaela). P.S. You should tell people that you're going to give away the ending The Black Pearl. =) Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home