7.31.2006

Just Like Brother

When I was little, I never knew what to do with Barbie dolls. I had a few, because my friends had them, but I rarely played with them. My brother and I spent much more time with his trucks and Micro Machines.

It surprised me when Anna and Sarah began to show a strong preference for all things girly. They love dresses and bows and pink hair curlers, all of which I loathed as a child. This makes Grammie very happy.

Naiah is only thirteen months old, but we already know she's my clone. My parents have flashbacks when they hold her. She pretends everything plastic is a car. She plays with balls and action figures, and follows Jonah around the yard.

Yesterday afternoon, she watched him intently while he played tee-ball. We had to pull her away from the tee again and again, so she wouldn't get clobbered by his swing.

Today, she went outside with her sisters, while Jonah took a nap. And what did she do?

She grabbed a plastic ball, toddled and crawled over to the tee, balanced the ball on top, picked up the bat (three inches longer than she is), stood up, and hit the ball with the bat.

That's my girl.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

So you're saying my feet are big? (Just kidding!) I'm glad you got some girly time with the girls. I love you!

me

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's nice :)
i never knew what to do with barbie dolls too
i use to hide them under a sink in my house
hahahhahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home