8.10.2006

Jonah, Two-Year-Old Problem Solver

Jonah opened the front door, and looked like he was thinking of leaving.

"Stay inside, Jonah," I said. "You don't go out that door by yourself."

"But I want to go outside."

"Then go in the back yard, and stay inside the fence."

"But I want to go in the front yard!"

"No, Jonah. There are cars and strangers out there."

"Are they mean strangers?"

"Probably not, but you always have to be careful, and stay with Mommy or Daddy."

"Do the mean strangers have swords?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Then I will fight them."

"No, you will stay inside, or go in the back yard."

"Can the mean stranger come in my yard?"

"Probably not, but if they do, come and tell me."

"I will drive the van away from them."

"No, you will not drive the van."

"Yes, I will drive the van and get the mean strangers."

"No, you don't drive til you're a grown-up."

"I will turn into a grown-up." He closed his eyes and concentrated very hard. "Okay, I'm a grown-up. I'm going to drive the van."

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

HOLY CRAP! HIDE THE KEYS!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEe hee hee...I love how determined they get about certain things. My son is always trying to find ways around things as well.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Well. . .I'm surprised that the kid taught Naiah to say "Happy" instead of "Cowabunga!!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home