8.11.2006

Shiny Sink Update

Two weeks, people! Fifteen days, to be exact!

It's starting to feel normal now. . . Of course, my sink is shining. What else would my sink be doing?

Plus, my bed is still made (and, yes, I sleep in it), my table is bare, and my bathroom is swiped.

And it's EASY. That's the stupidest thing about it. This is so much easier than losing my mind trying to figure out how to straighten up my hopeless house every week. My brain can handle this. Use the dish, wash the dish, dry the dish, put it away. Why did this make no sense to me before? There's just something about shining that sink that clicks those little gears in my head right into place.

Thank goodness for people who understand my simple mind, and know that I need to hear things like, "Make your bed; get dressed; put on shoes." It's nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't get these things until I'm told.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Roxanne said...

Yea for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You inspired me to go and make my bed. . .since I went back to work, I don't get the daily reminders anymore, and I miss them.

Sometimes it truly is a matter of just forgetting to do the simple things that get us into trouble. So. . .I'm off to set the timer (15 minutes) and do a little straightening. . .thanks for being my own little FlyLady today.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home