6.02.2006

Where Kerr Babies Come From

The following took place yesterday evening. Therefore, a few details of the conversation may have mutated as they replayed in my head. I'm saying this now, so Jason can't come in later and tell me he didn't say exactly this or that. This is my version of the story. Mine. Ha!


After dinner, I started to read birth stories again on the internet. (No, I'm not pregnant.)

Jason: "Would you stop that? You're driving me nuts."

Me: "What?"

Jason: "You keep reading that birth stuff. Stop it!"

Me: "I'm reading silently. What does it have to do with you?"

He pointed in the general direction of our four offspring.

Me: "What?"

Jason: "When you read that, you get pregnant."

Me: "I don't think that's quite how it works."

Jason: "Oh yeah? Don't you remember how you used to watch all that birth stuff on TV before the girls and Jonah?"

Me: "I hardly think it's related."

Jason: "It makes you WANT to be pregnant. When you WANT to be pregnant, you get pregnant."

Me: "I do not WANT to be pregnant. Besides, this isn't so much about birth. It's about deviant social behavior. It's revolutionary cultural stuff. I'm not even reading for the birth stuff."

He sighed and sat down with some Robert Frost stuff. Stuff. Okay, I'm done with the stuff.

But I couldn't help wondering if he was right. I mean, I really did obsess about birth before the twins were even conceived. I inundated my mind constantly with images and books and facts.

I had to ask myself, Do I want to be pregnant?

No, I don't. Really. I don't.

Well, maybe just a liiiiiiiiittle bit.

But I don't want another baby.

Very different wants: pregnancy vs. baby.

Nope. Not gonna do it. Na-uh. No way.

Okay, this is making me hyperventilate. No more. Stop it.

Okay, I'm done.

I just need to repeat the magic word:

Triplets, triplets, triplets. . .

7 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As my wife is known to say, "You know you want to. Everybody's doing it." ;-)

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Deviant huh? So I am a deviant? Wouldn't be the first time ;-)

I don't think church growth counts as much if you and I are repopulating Westwood.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I thought you might enjoy being labelled as a rebel. :)

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

So... when are you due? JK Maybe you need to just make a friend with a new baby... hold it then send it home.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger sarahgrace said...

Ha ha ha! That's hilarious! Triplet, triplet, triplet...
I'll have to remember that one!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

When mine finally comes out... you can borrow it... change poopy diapers... hey! you can even wash poopy/yarfy baby clothes!

Just in case you want another!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger lnstryker said...

yeah, you better be careful. there is a family at our church who has four girls ages 2-7. After the last one she had her tubes tied. After months of major emotional and hormonal issues she had it reversed, the next month she was pregnant. (It's a boy!) Anyway, you really fertile people gotta watch out about thinking about birth and stuff...it just happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home